34 Degrees Crackers and I have teamed up again for a fabulous foodie giveaway! One lucky (and hopefully hungry) winner will receive a goodie box filled with special edition, and everyday must-have, crackers. My latest off the beaten path favorite is the Poppy Seed wafer thin cracker. Thank you to 34 Degrees Crackers for the chance to bless my fellow foodies with foodie swag and an easy peasy recipe.
First things first, how to enter the giveaway on Instagram:
2) Tag your friend (or friends) whom you’d like to eat crackers with all day.
It’s that simple!
The next thing you’ll probably want to do is make this recipe for Pickled Pears with Peppercorns. October is American Cheese Month so naturally, we had to taste-test the pear compote with a plethora of cheeses… brie, spicy blue and finally, creamy goat cheese. Our preference was the goat cheese, which cut the sweet yet tangy pears and piquant peppercorns.
Serves 4 as an appetizer
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
1 pear, such as Bartlett or D’Anjou
1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
Goat cheese, set out at room temperature for 30 minutes
1) Cut pear from core and dice into 1/4″ cubes. Set aside.
2) Combine sugar and wine in a small sauce pan, heat over medium high heat until the sugar is dissolved.
3) Add pear, pepper and salt to sauce pan, allow liquid to come back to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 12 minutes. Add balsamic, stir and cook an additional 15 minutes, until pear is golden, soft and translucent. There should be a syrupy liquid at the bottom of the pan. Let cool slightly.
4) Smear a little goat cheese on a cracker, top with pickled pear and enjoy!