34 Degree Crackers and I have partnered to offer a FREE FOODIE SAMPLE PACK of the impossibly thin 34 Degree Crackers. The #foodiegiveaway is simple:
1) Go my my Instagram and click “follow” if you haven’t already.
2) In the comment section, tag the friend or loved one with whom you’d share a box of 34 Degree Crackers. The #foodiegiveaway runs April 17-19th.
I’ll announce the winner on Monday, April 20th and 34 Degree Crackers will send one lucky winner a sample box! Easy! Simple! Delicious!!
In addition to all this exciting business, I have the most amazing recipe for your next party or heck, your next snack!
34 Degrees Sesame Crackers offer a delicate canvas for this avocado puree. It’s bright, airy and the tiniest bit spicy. For those of you looking to nurture your inner urban farmer, grow micro greens in an apartment window. They grow quickly in 5-7 days, needing lots of water and sunlight.
1 ripe avocado
1 lemon, juice + zest
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/8 cup (or 6 tablespoons) garbanzo beans, drained/rinsed
Pinch red pepper flakes
2 oz micro greens
1 box Sesame 34 Degrees Crackers
1) Using a micro-plane, zest lemon, set aside; juice lemon (it will be about 3 tablespoons of liquid); add juice and ½ teaspoon lemon zest to processor.
2) Split avocado lengthwise, scoop pulp into food processor with lemon. Add salt, oils, garbanzo beans and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Puree until smooth.
3) Fold over the top of a Ziploc sandwich bag, spoon avocado mixture into bag, partially seal bag, smoothing the contents to one side at the bottom and making as air tight as possible. Make a small cut to the corner of the bag.
4) Arrange crackers onto serving platter, pipe avocado mixture onto cracker, about 1 tablespoon per crisp. Top puree with a tiny bit of red pepper flakes (optional), a small mound of micro greens and a pinch of lemon zest. Serve immediately.