These bacon wrapped dates are creamy, tangy, sweet, caramelized, smokey and salty. This is a high octane appetizer guaranteed to blow minds!
Serves 4-6 as an appetizer
12 dates, with pit
6 slices bacon
2.5 oz goat cheese
1 oz balsamic glaze
1) Preheat oven to 350*F
2) Slice dates lengthwise to the pit; remove pit and discard.
3) Bring goat cheese to room temperature, snip edge of cylindrical packaging to create a piping bag (see video). Pipe goat cheese into the space where the pit used to be. Repeat this to all the dates.
4) Slice bacon in half widthwise. Wrap bacon around goat cheese stuffed dates, secure with a toothpick. Repeat on all dates.
5) Arrange dates on a baking sheet, bake for 20 minutes
6) Increase oven temperature to 400*F, continue baking while oven temp is adjusting. Bake for a total of 4 minutes.
7) Remove from oven, let cool slightly and arrange onto serving plate. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!